Some more bits and pieces
- Wendy from the delicious Cultured Petone is running a cheese-making workshop. Learn to make your own haloumi and ricotta. Yum!
- A treat for NZ Music Month: Phoenix Foundation fan fiction. Bear costumes surprisingly do not feature. Please feel free to contribute your own fan fiction stories in the comments.
- Issue #2 of FishHead is out now. We haven’t read it yet so we don’t have further comment to offer at this stage.
- Richter City Roller Derby is having a CARNIVALE-themed fundraiser at the Garden Club on May 29:
This fabulous event features the talents of The Eyeballs, The Beat Squad, MC Lisa Tomlins, The Raskolnikovs, DJ Rhys, DJ Forge and DJ Taip. Cheap drinks available until 12am, and a prize will be awarded to the Best Dressed.
- The menu for the Mebus Winemaker’s Dinner at Cellar-Vate on May 26 has been released (along with the email addresses of everyone on their mailing list, whoops!):
Sauvignon Blanc matched with fresh salmon, dill & preserved lemon bruschetta.
Pinot Gris matched with chicken & mushroom filo
Rose matched pear & pancetta salad with red wine vinaigrette and 5 grain croutons
Pinot Noir matched with wild hare & juniper cannelloni, pinot reduction, fresh shaved parmesan
Cabernet Merlot matched with rare venison medallion, berries, chocolate jus
I once heard Michael Mebus describe one of his Pinot Noirs as "like angels fornicating in your mouth" so I’m sure it will be a very entertaining night. But if he tries to encourage you to try rolling on a barrel, don’t do it.