Candidates: Martin Wilson for ?
We’ve provided a set of questions for the mayoral and councillor candidates to answer. First 25 words to an answer get posted. Check our 2013 Election coverage for all responses as they come in.
When we contacted candidates with our questions, we asked them to email a specific email address that all the ‘ista could access so that answers could be posted faster. This candidate didn’t use that email address. Hence the late posting.
After the jump, Martin Wilson who did not say what he was running for.
- What should be the city council’s role in helping homeless people and beggars?
- What would you do to make Wellington more cycle and pedestrian friendly?
- How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport should be improved?
- What are your views on the suggestion Wellington needs to be “more than just Weta and Government” – what do you think are Wellington’s strengths?
- What will YOU do to get more investment, businesses, and business confidence in Wellington?
- What does Wellington need more of, and what does Wellington need less of?
More warm dry houses, cycling, excellent public transport, clean energy, solar panels; less car orientation and subsidies, cold damp draughty houses, oil drilling, fracking.
- What would your city council provide for children and young people?
We definitely need more recreational, developmental and educational activities for youth, particularly teenagers. They are an important, but often overlooked, part of our community.
- What steps would you take to encourage civic engagement?
- Tell us about your personal earthquake plan / What’s unusual about your earthquake kit?
- Why should we vote for you?
- Where can we find out more about what you stand for?