Candidates: David Lee for?
We’ve provided a set of questions for the mayoral and councillor candidates to answer. First 25 words to an answer get posted. Check our 2013 Election coverage for all responses as they come in.
When we contacted candidates with our questions, we asked them to email a specific email address that all the ‘ista could access so that answers could be posted faster. This candidate didn’t use that email address. Hence the late posting.
Here’s David Lee, who didn’t say where he was running for.
1. What should be the city council’s role in helping homeless
people and beggars?
To ensure the homeless and beggars have access to the
necessary social services and support so they don’t fall through the
2. What would you do to make Wellington more cycle and
Build work relationships across council departments; in particular,
parks, parking and road maintenance so that active modes are an
integral part of each operational unit.
3. How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport should
Fix bottlenecks in road network, improve PT and implement
travel demand management measures eg. carpooling, flexi-time,
telecommunicating – work from home, and active transport modes.
4. What are your views on the suggestion Wellington needs to
be “more than just Weta and Government” – what do you think are
Wellington needs to diversify. Knowledge-based industries and
retaining our graduates are essential. Wellington needs to offer
security and economic opportunities for our children.
5. What will YOU do to get more investment, businesses, and
business confidence in Wellington?
Support business by connecting entrepreneurs with business-savvy
people for guidance and possibly funding. Provide industry insight
to graduates by promoting graduate programmes, internships and
6. What does Wellington need more of, and what does Wellington
need less of?
More light and less heat! Working together (central and local
government, academia and industry) generates light. Conflict, just
7. What would your city council provide for children and young
Safe and resilient community, quality amenities, sports and
recreational facilities. Opportunities to contribute to society and
8. What steps would you take to encourage civic engagement?
ß Encourage Council to be more strategic and forward-thinking
ß Advocate for a 2-3 term tenure for councilors
ß Develop opportunities for public involvement
9. Tell us about your personal earthquake plan / What’s unusual
about your earthquake kit?
3 x 225 and 1000 litre rainwater tanks, compositing toilet, carbon
filter for purifying drinking water. 2x 4 person tents. Food for ~1
10. Why should we vote for you?
I have 23yrs of strategic planning experience in local and central
govt. I have the know-how, the relationships and the connections to
make things work!
11. Where can we find out more about what you stand for?