Candidates: Sridhar Ekambaram for Onslow Western Ward
Sridhar Ekambaram is an Onslow Western candidate and gives us his answers, each of which came in under the 25 word limit. Check our Elections 2013 section for all the responses as they come in.
- What should be the city council’s role in helping homeless people and beggars?
Create jobs so people don’t have to beg and can afford homes. If they are not suitable for any jobs, provide them with training.
- What would you do to make Wellington more cycle and pedestrian friendly?
Invest in infrastructure for safe cyling and walking. Private-public partnership is an option.
- How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport should be improved?
Improve public transport with fast, efficient and affordable service.
- What are your views on the suggestion Wellington needs to be “more than just Weta and Government” – what do you think are Wellington’s strengths?
I agree. Wellington has a good university that can drive green tech innovation and manufacturing. Just need good R&D centre.
- What will YOU do to get more investment, businesses, and business confidence in Wellington?
Discuss with the business owners to find practical solutions.
- What does Wellington need more of, and what does Wellington need less of?
Needs more green jobs, public transport, walking and cycling. Less of personal car trips.
- What would your city council provide for children and young people?
More libraries, recreational facilities, youth programs, science and innovation competitions.
- What steps would you take to encourage civic engagement?
Spend more time with residents and constituents and work with them, not just work for them.
- Tell us about your personal earthquake plan / What’s unusual about your earthquake kit?
Very important. Need to make city more resilient. My kit has everything required to survive for 3 days.
- Why should we vote for you?
I am a fresh face with fresh thoughts and ideas. I work with the community.
- Where can we find out more about what you stand for?