Candidates: Ginette McDonald for Southern Ward
Another response, this time from Ginette McDonald, Candidate for the Southern Ward. That’s three of the seven Southern Ward candidates already – it’s great to see candidates getting aboard.
As before, the first 25 words to an answer get posted. Check our 2013 Election coverage for all responses as they come in.
1. What should be the city council’s role in helping homeless people and beggars?
Proactively engage with relief agencies (Salvation Army,drug/alcohol rehab)towards collaborative provision of affordable housing and proper support.
2. What would you do to make Wellington more cycle and pedestrian friendly?
WCC roading engineers are already tackling this.Despite topography,wild climate and narrow roads, it’s happening.
3. How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport should be improved?
Dedicated regular bus transport.Ditto cycle lanes.
4. What are your views on the suggestion Wellington needs to be “more than just Weta and Government” – what do you think are Wellington’s strengths?
We know we are more than that;innovative business acumen,diversity,creativity and resilience of its citizens.
5. What will YOU do to get more investment, businesses, and business confidence in Wellington?
Listen,learn and collaborate with experienced business innovators to follow through,take responsibility and Get Stuff Done.
6. What does Wellington need more of, and what does Wellington need less of?
More of the same vibrant multicultural blend and good business heads.Less climate change driven weather events. Wellingtonians are staunchly adaptable.Fortunately.
7. What would your city council provide for children and young people?
Consider working with all primary schools to provide basic cooking/nutrition classes with a legacy of positive change radiating to low income families.
8. What steps would you take to encourage civic engagement?
Encourage more civic connection to local government,promote public forums and the use of Loomio ,the Kiwi online tool for democratic debate.
9. Tell us about your personal earthquake plan / What’s unusual about your earthquake kit?
Cook Strait is across the road . Check tidal flow, welfare of neighbours.Proceed to higher ground.My kit has 2 lifejackets. For a fighting chance..
10. Why should we vote for you?
As a TV producer I’ve administrated public funding expenditure. Accustomed to debate,see merit in both sides,and act with strong social conscience on decisions.
11. Where can we find out more about what you stand for?
Facebook Ginette McDonald for Southern Ward.I stand for all Wellingtonians to live with dignity and quality,means and encouragement to develop their potential. Vote !
No real answe on what Ginette will actually do; just some vague observations. Having heard her talk recently at a public meeting, it is very clear that she’s got nothing to offer other than a well known name. Unfortunately she’s not funny anymore either.
Comments are closed.