Open for the holidays?
As a town of public servants, it seems like much of Wellington shuts down for a month from Christmas until Anniversary Day. People deserve holidays, sure, but if they have the misfortune of being back at work in the summer, they gotta be able to get coffee, right?
We’re compiling a list of bar/cafe/restaurant holidays in this post s0 you know where to go to get your fixes. Please tweet at us or leave a comment if you have more to add.
- Aro Cafe is closed from 24th – 2nd
- The Ramen Shop is at Goldings Free Dive on December 29 for your holiday noodle needs.
- Crumpet: “I have it on good authority that Crumpet is only closed on the stat days, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, NYH.”
- Hashigo Zake: “normal trading hours apply except Christmas Day, when we are forced to close.”
- Gelissimo: Our NZX Gelateria and Freyberg Beach Kiosk will be open everyday (Christmas afternoon subject to weather!).
- The Hop Garden: “we are closed just Christmas Day and ny day, and sans surcharge Boxing Day and jan 2”
- The Malthouse: “Malthouse will be open everyday except 25th Dec and 1st Jan. full deets of hours on next weeks blog”
- French Kiss will be missing from Post Office Square until January 20. Sigh.
- Mojo Old Bank: “Mojo Old Bank will be pumping out the good stuff daily and only closed Dec 25th, Jan 1st and 2nd #wlgopenclosedguide“
- Taylors on Jackson: “closing 22nd dec, reopening 3rd jan……except for a special night on 31st. Couple seats still available!!”
- La Boca Loca: “We close after lunch on Sunday 22 Dec, reopen Weds 8 Jan. Thanks!”