Webstock Mini was last night, and for those that weren’t there: sorry. You missed out on a treat.
There was a room full of smart, cool, clever and passionate people; a couple of very interesting headline speakers: Rod Drury on User Centred Design as applied to both Aftermail and Xero.com; and Peter Gutmann on the ludicrous but for real Copyright Amendment Bill [PDF, 1.4Mb] (get submitting – there’s a couple days left); and later, ten others for two minutes each on “How the Internet changed my life”, interpreted rather loosely but very entertainingly.
We were there too: or more correctly 40% of the Wellingtonista collective (because you can’t be called a Wellingtonista and not belong to a collective, right? It goes with the faux left-wing chic of our name, you know). And we had lots to think about. Especially the one of us that was speaking.
Phewf, that was easy. And a good use of the internet, too.
And then we’ll resort to namechecking William Burroughs as a pathetic excuse for dumping the pooled thoughts of this 40% randomly as follows:
- that’s a total of four people i’ve just met in the flesh that previously i’d only had email or blog comment communication with
- did she just say that? a bit patronising eh?
- all these lovely people, and the fact that they ALL know and love the Wellingtonista – cool!
- so geeky stuff can save lives
- where are those zucchini thingys? because frankly i never knew vegetables could taste so yummy
- also, that question was TOTALLY a plant!
- that’s good because really i am yet at that power wielding way but soon my friends soon *** i wish i was that excited about what i do for a crust
- and here’s a long lost acquaintance
- how would i do two minutes on that… i know…
- martha mentioned me
- was it just me or was EVERYONE talking about Craft2.0? *** where are the single boys?
- that Bennett’s 4-seasons beer is yum – i’ll get another
- there’s the reason why lightning strikes several times in the same spot
- you guys are like naughty school kids!
- can we use that for the Wellingtonista accounts? where’s the beta signup?
- how can you not love an open bar?
- i feel so old now. i started using the internet when she was four
- and a flickr exhibition on thursday night
- yeah he’s a man, sort of
- i love wellington
Don’t miss the next one.