We will ask the questions!
Now that we have a definitive list of mayoral candidates, we thought it was time we send them some of the questions we’d crowdsourced over Twitter ages ago. So I just sent out this list of questions. We’ll print replies verbatim, cutting off answers at 25 words for the sake of brevity as they come in.
1. You have 30 seconds to convince someone to come to Wellington. What’s your pitch?
2. How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport could be improved?
3. Where do you stand on the issue of opening up government data?
4. What plans have do you have to improve recycling/composting facilities?
5. What is your policy on street alcoholics?
6. Do you support pedestrianisation of the Golden Mile? Why/Why not?
7. What’s the last local market you went to? What did you buy?
8. Describe your bicycle, or your favourite bus route?
9. When did you last use the library, a community centre, or a council-run sports facility?
10. Would you welcome a central government driven “super-city” amalgamation of local authorities? If not, why not?
11. Do you think the council has a role in fostering community websites? If so, how?
12. Where do you stand on water privitisation, and why?
13. What city overseas inspires your vision for Wellington? How?
14. Is the concept of democratic representation important to you? How so?
15. What do you think about commuunity gardens on public land?