Kris Price answers our questions
We offered to publish the answers from any candidates in the local body elections and Kris Price who is standing in the Lambton Ward stepped up for his "15 page views of fame".
1. You have 30 seconds to convince someone to come to Wellington. What’s your pitch?
Show them a photo of our beautiful Wellington at its best on a sunny day. (Then tell them not to come during winter.)
2. How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport could be improved?
Two words: Light Rail.
3. Where do you stand on the issue of opening up government data?
Mmm sweet data. I’m seriously anal retentive about data. Let’s open it all up.
4. What plans have do you have to improve recycling/composting facilities?
I want to see our boring ovoid black trash cans replaced with colourful trash cans that separate glass, plastic, paper, and general trash.
5. What is your policy on street alcoholics?
I support a wet house and getting the DHB involved in treatment.
6. Do you support pedestrianisation of the Golden Mile? Why/Why not?
Yes. Pedestrians are equal users of our streetscape. It beautifies, increases values, gives recreation, and goes hand-in-hand with PT route, which must happen.
7. What’s the last local market you went to? What did you buy?
Uh-oh. I’m guessing New World isn’t the answer you’re looking for. Hilo farmers market about a month back count? ‘Spose that’s hardly local.
8. Describe your bicycle, or your favourite bus route?
Giant Reign 2, full suspension mountain bike. The number 1 bus, because if you were a bus you’d want to be number 1 too.
9. When did you last use the library, a community centre, or a council-run sports facility?
Last used the library, yesterday. I read an architecture magazine, and did some work.
10. Would you welcome a central government driven "super-city" amalgamation of local authorities?
If not, why not? Rodney can stick to screwing up Auckland. We should amalgamate the four cities, but voluntarily, lead by ourselves, and slowly in order to get it right.
11. Do you think the council has a role in fostering community websites? If so, how?
Is Wellingtonista looking for some Council pork? (*ahem* Perhaps we should talk in private.) In seriousness: there’s plenty of easy stuff to do here.
12. Where do you stand on water privitisation, and why?
It’s ideologically driven and the arguments don’t stack up. I’ll never support privatising any critical monopoly infrastructure such as this.
13. What city overseas inspires your vision for Wellington? How?
Portland and Vancouver for pro-PT, cycling, and intensification. Too many European cities for great squares, streetscapes, and examples of modern light rail.
14. Is the concept of democratic representation important to you? How so?
As a peon myself I quite enjoy the benefits living in a democratic country brings. Don’t get me started on our newly crowned dictator Gerry!
15. What do you think about commuunity gardens on public land?
A good use. There’s plenty of poorly tended and used public land, so if someone wants to do something positive with it, who could argue.
Comments are closed.