Rex Nairn answers our questions
We offered to publish the answers from any candidates in the local body elections and Rex Nairn who is standing in Southern Ward has stepped up.
1. You have 30 seconds to convince someone to come to Wellington. What’s your pitch?
Central city harbour jewel
A zephyr blows through
Event and party H.Q.
2. How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport could be improved?
Can’t get through the CBD
Transport system, hah!
Buses, not automobiles
3. Where do you stand on the issue of opening up government data?
Sorry some stuff you can’t see
Most of it you should
Nothing to hide from no-one
4. What plans do you have to improve recycling/composting facilities?
We need to reduce our waste
Put it on public gardens
5. What is your policy on street alcoholics?
Leave them they don’t mean no harm
There but for the grace
A cat can look at a queen
6. Do you support pedestrianisation of the Golden Mile Why/Why not?
I support public transport
Taxis, service trucks
And people if they’re careful
7. What’s the last local market you went to? What did you buy?
Somewhere on state highway one
Veggies and fresh fruit
Sorry it wasn’t closer
8. Describe your bicycle, or your favourite bus route?
From Wilton to Kilbirnie
Shining silver route
Pity it’s so expensive
9. When did you last use the library, a community centre, or a council-run sports facility?
Not long ago but too long
Kiddies pool with my daughter
10. Would you welcome a central government driven "super-city" amalgamation of local authorities? If not, why not?
No need, we’re doing okay
Our councils do talk
See how it works up north first
11. Do you think the council has a role in fostering community websites? If so, how?
Sure do, keep people in touch
The interweb rocks
These groups deserve council help
12. Where do you stand on water privitisation, and why?
Privatisation no way
Fix the main pipes first
We’ve sold too much already
13. What city overseas inspires your vision for Wellington? How?
Sydney with Darling Harbour
Let’s use waterfront
People first, buildings second.
14. Is the concept of democratic representation important to you? How so?
Oh yes my message is clear
Please vote for someone
Don’t complain if you don’t vote
15. What do you think about community gardens on public land?
Yay community gardens
Yummy food for all
Let’s all be Henny Penny.