Council candidates – we have some questions for you!
Running for mayor or council in Wellington? We wanna know about it.
If you’re a candidate in the Wellington region, we would like you to answer some questions for us. Questions were compiled by the Wellingtonista, in consultation with our readers. You get 25 words per answer, and you better believe we’ll be publishing only those 25 words. We’ll also be publishing answers exactly as you write them, so make sure you get someone to proofread before you send them in. Please email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, including what area you’re running in. We’ll publish responses in the order that we receive them. You can also check out the results from when we did this back in 2010 under this category.
Questions, and links to all the answers we’ve received so far, after the jump.
- What should be the city council’s role in helping homeless people and beggars?
- What would you do to make Wellington more cycle and pedestrian friendly?
- How do you think traffic flow to the hospital and airport should be improved?
- What are your views on the suggestion Wellington needs to be “more than just Weta and Government” – what do you think are Wellington’s strengths?
- What will YOU do to get more investment, businesses, and business confidence in Wellington?
- What does Wellington need more of, and what does Wellington need less of?
- What would your city council provide for children and young people?
- What steps would you take to encourage civic engagement?
- Tell us about your personal earthquake plan / What’s unusual about your earthquake kit?
- Why should we vote for you?
- Where can we find out more about what you stand for?
So far we have received responses from: