Announcing the Second Annual Wellingtonista Awards: nominations
The Wellingtonista is ridiculously pleased to announce the Second Annual Wellingtonista Awards. We’ve cut down the previously insanely long title because of all the excitement and adventure that we need to fit in. And hooooooooooo boy, we’ve got some exciting things going on. Here’s what’s going to happen:
- Over the next week, we’ll announce the categories and the nominees in a series of posts, with a little bit of a blurb about why we chose them. We’ll also make sure to provide you with a handy map and directions so you can get out there and check out all the nominees.
We’ll open up online voting on November 19, Voting is now open, so you get to have your say. We’ll ask you to include a name and email address so that a) you don’t cheat and b) if you come along to the awards night, you;ll be up for some fantastic prizes.
- We’ll close voting on December 4.
- On Thursday December 6, we’ll announce the winners at a huge big stonking party, in association with some other very very awesome people who we’ll tell you about as soon as everything is locked down (and let me just say, I’m kinda wetting my pants in glee about it all). We’d love you to come along to our awards and party with us, please. You won’t regret it. Except for in the morning. But after you’ve had another coffee you’ll be fine with it.
Also, this year, at the awards, we will be asking those of you who can to make a donation to the Downtown Community Ministry, and here’s why:
- We love this city, right? And so therefore, it is important that we actually do good things for it, as well as talking about it all the time.
- We eat and drink to excess, and it’s awesome that we celebrate that, but it might be nice if we think about the people who have difficulty eating, or who have problems with drinking.
- Blanket Man was voted Favourite Wellingtonian at the Wellingtonista Awards last year. How about we give some attention to the not-so-visible homeless people?
So get out there and start checking out our nominations as we put them up, and then come back and vote when we open it up on November 19. Yay!
Nominations currently include:
- Best drink
- Best shop
- Best late-night venue
- Best public art
- Best coffee beans
- Best Wellington Web Writer
- Wellington Supervillan of the Year
- Best building
- Most Needed
- Best cultural venue
- Best apparel store
- Best uncheap eats
- Best breakfast
- Best public space
- Best cheap eats
- Wellingtonian of the year
- Best nondrinking venue
- Hottest hospo of the year
- Best suburban venue
- Best Wellington-based event
Comments are closed.