Win Craft 2.0 craftcash for this Saturday!

by Joanna on December 15, 2010 in Events, Hutt Valley, Retail

The amazing Craft 2.0 is happening again this Saturday, and its amazing founder Sue Tyler (full disclosure: paid-up member of the Wellingtonista) has decided that you should get a present. Or maybe you. We’ll leave it up to the randomizer to make the ultimate call.

On Saturday, 18 December, Wellingtonians who want to gift in style will be able to buy everything from teapot necklaces, iPad covers, hand-dyed yarn, soap and vintage-fabric foot rests to original prints and drawings for their beloved or that annoying uncle who has everything. The modern-day craft show, which is a cult event in the region, features the best of New Zealand’s crafters, makers, indie designers, artisans and artists selling their own goods.

Forget giving crappy mass-produced stocking stuffers this year; Craft 2.0 is all about direct, creative, well made and unusual gifts that stand out from the crowd. As well as all the stalls to shop at, Craft 2.0 attendees can get their purchases wrapped at the gift-wrapping table, learn how to decorate a cupcake that Nigella would be jealous of and be in to win spot prizes – just for being there on the day.

Take a break from the crowds, make Christmas shopping an enjoyment and treat the family to a trip to Craft 2.0: Handmade for the Holidays. Craft 2.0 Handmade for the Holidays is from 10am-3pm. Friends of Craft 2.0 get entry to the fair at 9.30am.

So you want to win $40 in craftcash to spend, as well as a super exclusive Friend of Craft 2.0 giftbag AND the right to shop early? Simply leave us a comment before the end of the day Friday and tell us what you want for Xmas. We’ll do a draw Friday night, and contact you via email to let you know how you can claim your prize on the day. Wahoo!

Joanna McLeod

Joanna McLeod has started calling herself the Empress of the Internet because she can. As well as wrangling the other site contributors and Getting Shit Done, she likes to eat, drink and write in equal amounts. Yes, she would love to be invited along to your event in order to do those things. Joanna's also the best person to talk to if you're interested in advertising on the site.

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

Ginger Jane December 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Right so: for Christmas I want a set of interchangeable circular knitting needles (OMG ALL MY CHRISTMASSES AT ONCE). Or failing that, an iPad. Or failing that, an ebook reader. I’m not terribly fussy about what kind.

Tui December 15, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I got a set of interchangeables two Christmasses ago and it’s been one of the BEST gifts ever, so you’re right on the money there. (They’re not that dear, either – point your wealthiest relatives at vintagepurls.co.nz, she does Knitpicks sets from $70 although those ones are the acrylic ones.)

Tui December 15, 2010 at 12:24 pm

For Christmas I would like all the acrylic in my stash to magically morph into 100% wool. Alternatively, some dyes I can use to turn my boring gray merino 2ply into something fabulous!

Brooklynne December 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I really want an android tablet

Kaye Reardon December 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I would love a big set of embroidery cottons and have to decide between shades and the lay them back in the box

Cat December 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I’m dreaming of a sewing machine Christmas… Or I think I am. Not sure!

becca December 15, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Fingers are crossed for a black silk scarf to replace that which was lost during a mission to rescue a mysterious mewing cat near the glowworms in the Gardens earlier this year.

Tomek December 16, 2010 at 6:44 am

I don’t want anything for myself but I’d love to get a giraffe toy for my to-be-born-in-the-next-two-weeks twins. My wife saw it at the last Craft 2.0 and she’s been beating herself up for not buying it then. Apparently it’s really cool. Yeah, I want that. Or in lieu of a giraffe one of those stuffed fabric friendly monster toys, you know the ones, with a single eye and a big smile and a couple of spare arms, and funny hair (nut no buttons please, they are not very tasty for little babies).

Jo December 16, 2010 at 6:48 am

I’d love some hand-dyed yarn – and that set of interchangeables sounds great. Or at least the smallest cable (I was struggling last night with a too long cable) – it could be slipped into the new purse I also want.

Ryanja December 16, 2010 at 10:30 am

Let’s see… I want an Android phone, a Kindle ebook reader, a pony, and maybe one of those 7m 2011 Griffin kites.

Headed to Craft 2.0 on Saturday with my partner, who would absolutely love to put this prize towards some Christmas presents. :)

Ryan

rocket December 16, 2010 at 11:11 am

Humm.. I would like for Xmas: Some quiet time in a forest. Some boisterous laughing with my family around the dining room table. A good nap at the end of it all. And maybe one of those crazy monster soft toys from Craft 2.0 even though when I was 10 I was banned by my parents from owning any more soft toys..

claudia December 16, 2010 at 11:20 am

Craft 2.0 will be great. I love crafts and I try my hand around sewing, patchwork and knitting but I’m always amazed how imaginative people can be while creating new things. For Christmas, I would like to be with my friends, but they are all over the world now, in different countries, so I’ll set for a beautiful day that I can walk around Wellington and then a quiet dinner with wine.

Stacey O'Dowd December 16, 2010 at 11:40 am

I would like my brother and friends in Aussie to be home for Christmas! :( Some funky jewellry for upcoming friends’ weddings would also be nice :)

Sarah December 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm

For Christmas I would love some scrummy hand dyed yarn.

Colleen Pugh December 16, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I would like a puppy please santa a white one with a black patch over one eye

button December 16, 2010 at 12:59 pm

All I want for Christmas is to sleep for about 12 hours and swim in a pool before consuming an unhealthy amount of chip and dip sandwiches. But, I’d like to buy my mother a DearCollleen print from Craft 2.0 first!

Amy December 16, 2010 at 2:14 pm

A shiny new bike please and some friendly drivers to share the road with.

Mel December 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Can’t wait to spend the day with family and watch the kids get all excited when they open their gifts. I would love a cool necklace or some lovely smelly soap.

Sarah December 16, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Can’t wait for Craft 2.0! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a new camera for Christmas and some sunshine over the break would be nice too :)

Manda December 16, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I’d like to find a secret stash of vintage record players in a second hand shop while I’m on holiday with whanau in Southland & Central Otago. Failing that – Handmade 2011 tickets (husband – are you reading this????)

Cat19 December 16, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I’m dreaming of a graphics tablet so that I can finally start working towards my dream of writing/illustrating a graphic novel, as well as doing more artwork for my handmade jewellery – it’s too time-consuming at the moment, with having to hand-draw, then scan, then tiday, using MZ Paint as my only software! Please, please Santa… xx :)

Jenny December 16, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I’d love more time to do all the craft projects I have on my “one day” list. Or/and a new wallet to replace my falling apart one.

Taryn December 16, 2010 at 8:31 pm

For Christmas I’d like someone to magically finish my gigantic (over a square metre) cross stitch for me please!

Donalda December 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

A plane ticket to fly my fabulous sister to Welly in time for Craft 2.0, and a gorgeous six armed, multi-talented babysitting genius( maybe one of Sam Broads robots would do the trick?) to play with our mischievous monkeys while we attend Craft 2.0 eating cupcakes and buying up jewels and scrumptious soft things to take home to aforementioned monkeys.
Oh and a green uke cover from Emmamakes. But seeing my sister would be the best.

Natalie Wilson December 17, 2010 at 10:19 am

For Christmas this year I would love a day of rest, relaxation surrounded by happy family- and a day free of kids grizzling!!!!!

Karaitiana Wilson December 17, 2010 at 10:50 am

A day spent with family and friends, plus the happy kids Nat mentioned above (yes, she is my beautiful wife :) )

Would it be too much to ask for a seven o’clock wake up instead of five this year too?

Pete December 24, 2010 at 6:04 am

Hi
Is this blog closed for the holidays and if so when will it re-open?

noizyboy December 24, 2010 at 8:01 am

Blogging will no doubt be light over the festive season.