March 16, 2010
The rugby sculpture
A proposal was unveiled yesterday for a Weta Workshop-designed rugby-themed sculpture to grace the city, somewhere, In Time For The Rugby World Cup.
The sculpture is highly symbolic, with the DomPost providing a list of all the symbolism, but what does the sculpture most resemble?
- A trophy for the Wairarapa Bush under-13’s tournament?
- Glorious Socialist Realist Sculpture to Celebrate Triumph of Workers over Capitalist Running Dog Referee?
- A made-in-China knick-knack from “Gifts 4 Men” that you bought your uncle for his mantelpiece in a moment of desparation?
- A tourist drawcard, on par with Dannevirke’s Viking and Ohakune’s giant carrot?
- An iconic, edgy, world-class tribute to the creativity, imagination and uniqueness of Wellington?
- A woman-positive depiction of a labia and vaginal opening?
- Maui’s last attempt to escape before being crushed by Hine nui o te po?
This is the worst Sculpture ever made in Wellington.
I demand its vandalized, burnt, and vomited on by Wellingtonians…
Honestly what a waste of money!
Christo?! shouldn’t you be advocating that the entire thing be wrapped in opaque plastic? 😉
Comments are closed.